You know about pink slip - a notice of dismissal from an employment and now it is by major startup of India, Flipkart. Based on the periodic evaluation of the employees performance, the company is saying that they are letting go the least performers.
Flipkart says that they closely work with the least performer to help them to improve if they do not meet the expectation level. It is the game between expectation and delivery. Finally the company said "In due course, if these employees are unable to make the desired progress, they are encouraged to seek opportunities outside the company where their skills can be better utilized"
It is still unauthorized news about the count of employees who are being laying off. Some source says it s between 700 to 1000 out of total 35000+ employees and some source says it's 300.
Here is its official statement says, "As a performance oriented organisation, we have a transparent evaluation process in place. Employees are assessed in a fair, simple, transparent and development oriented manner. We use our review process to differentiate performance and maintain a high bar, which is reflected in our total rewards philosophy. The top performers are rewarded highly and promoted to the next growth level. The solid performers are accordingly recognised and groomed for future roles through mentoring, coaching and on-the-job learning opportunities. At times, we have employees who do not meet the performance bar. In those situations we work closely with employees to enable them improve their performance. In due course, if these employees are unable to make the desired progress, they are encouraged to seek opportunities outside the company where their skills can be better utilised. This is a fairly common practice across various industries - especially in high performing Internet organisations."
More Off-Campus / Job Fairs:
- TCS Walkin Interview for Freshers - On 1st to 5th Aug 2016
- HCL Off Campus for Freshers : Software Trainee : On 3rd Aug 2016
- Freshers Walkin Event at Wipro - On 1st Aug 2016
- MphasiS (an HP Company) Walkin for Freshers - On 1st to 5th Aug 2016
- Tech Mahindra Walkin Event for Freshers - On 1st & 2nd Aug 2016
NOTE: Don't forget to Register Here for Regular Updates about the job applied and New Jobs.
Top 5 Career Tips for Job Seekers
- Best Answers for Tricky Interview Questions for Freshers
- How To Answer: Tell Me About Yourself
- 4 Best Resume Tips for Fresher Graduates / Engineers
- How to Get Placement Papers for Top Companies
- How to Identify and Avoid Fake Job Offers
Best Tips to Crack Technical Interviews
- 5 Best Way to Clear Technical Interviews
- Top Android Interview Questions
- Answers of Data Structure Interview Questions
- C Questions Asked in Interview
- Top 10 Software Testing Questions
- Top 5 AngularJS Interview Questions